A ski resort has to be doing a lot of things right to make SKI magazine’s shortlist as a top five destination in the annual Resort Guide. A Telluride ski vacation requires a bit more effort than visiting most other resorts; getting to the breathtaking box canyon in the San Juan Mountains can take a while. But vacationers are rewarded for their traveling efforts; Telluride is one of Colorado’s most gorgeous mountain towns. Rich in mining-era character and stocked with endless stashes to explore thanks to nonexistent crowds, Telluride is a place you’ll never want to leave.
The Telluride skiing offers something for all ability levels, literally. With 23 percent beginner terrain, 36 percent intermediate terrain and 41 percent expert terrain, every type of skier can enjoy Telluride skiing. Are you looking for long cruising groomed beginner or intermediate runs with stunning panoramic views of the San Juan Mountains? You’ll find them in Telluride. Are you interested in skiing challenging, rock-littered terrain that feels more like the Alps than Colorado? Telluride’s advanced and extreme terrain is bar none! Are you a fan of moguls? There are thousands of vertical feet of bumps to bang around on in Telluride.
Telluride is a skier’s mountain. The people who call Telluride home and those who return year after year for their ski trip love Telluride Mountain because of the challenging runs easily accessed from the chairlifts, the world-class views that will undoubtedly knock your socks off, and, of course, the atmospheric town.
Downtown Telluride and Mountain Village
There are two distinct parts of Telluride: Downtown and Mountain Village. Downtown Telluride still retains the feel and charm of a former mining town, it’s a snapshot of days gone by and the locals that live in Telluride work hard to keep it genuine. Mountain Village, over the ridge from downtown, is reminiscent of most contemporary resort villages—modern hotels, shops, and restaurants line the cobblestone walkways (or “breezeways” as the locals call them).
To experience the best of both worlds, you can take the complimentary 15-minute gondola ride that links downtown Telluride with Mountain Village, making the absolute coolest commute in any mountain town. Whether you opt for the charm and action of histortic downtown or the quiet atmosphere and comfortable accoutrements of Mountain Village, bouncing between both areas is easy and fun.
Telluride Heli Skiing Operators
- 6-run packages available
- 200 square miles of pristine terrain
- Best for those wanting to tack on a heli day to their Telluride ski vacation
Telluride Ski Packages
If Telluride's rugged scenery, variety of terrain and lodging options sound like the winter destination you've been dreaming of, start the booking process today. We're here to help you make the process easy as possible. You can book your entire Vail ski packages, including:
- Lodging. Choose from 154 lodging options. Popular Searches: Discounted Lodging | Luxury | Ski In Ski Out | Pet-Friendly | Hot Tub
- Lift Tickets. Ski.com can save you up to 40% on window prices. Call for lift tickets!
- Flights.We work domestically and internationally with United Airlines, Delta Air Lines, American Airlines, Frontier Airlines, SWISS, Air France, Alitalia, LAN and more.
- Ground Transportation.Options include rental cars with top providers, like Budget, Hertz and Avis, private cars, private shuttles or shared shuttles.
- Snowsports School.We've got beginners to experts covered with award-winning snowsports schools at every destination we work with.
- Equipment Rentals.Pre-arrange your rentals or demos with us. Options include in-store pick-up or delivery service right to where you're staying.
- Activities.Dog sledding, snow tubing, ice skating, Nordic skiing, snowmobiling...the list goes on. We can make it all happen for you