Develop and implement sales and marketing strategies with travel agencies and travel consortium to increase sales, including but not limited to: training visits and sales calls, webinars, familiarization trips, industry event training seminars, trade shows and conferences, cooperative marketing and sales incentives. Strengthen relationships with Ski.com’s top travel agencies. Oversee and contribute to content of Ski.com’s travel agent website. Assist with resolving customer service issues involving travel agents as needed.
The position requires strong sales skills, public speaking skills, travel industry knowledge, and the ability to develop rapport with travel agents to win their business while providing prompt customer service that meets or ideally exceeds their expectations. Position also requires extensive seasonal travel within US.
This position reports to Ski.com’s Chief Marketing Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate Ski.com’s involvement in industry events such as Delta Vacations University, American Express sales forum, Signature Travel Network annual sales conference, and possibly others. Analyze potential of additional large event opportunities.
- Create compelling presentations and conduct product training sessions for travel agents at Delta Vacations University, Amex Sales Conference, Signature Travel Network and AmExpo sales events and possibly others.
- Plan and implement travel agency sales missions with resort partners.
- Develop and implement product-training webinars and videos.
- Management and maintenance of travel agent and travel agency databases.
- Involvement in negotiation and finalization of travel agency consortia agreements.
- Work with VP of operations and lodging suppliers to offer consortia amenities to Ski.com as part of annual contract.
- Schedule, plan and execute travel agent familiarization trips to the mountains.
- Develop and provide training for Ski.com Mountain Travel Experts on travel agency agreements, relationships, preferred consortiums and commission levels. New agent training as well as summer school refresher training.
- Communicate marketing tools to travel agencies, teaching them how to promote ski travel to their client base.
- Represent Ski.com professionally, favorably and consistently with travel agents and supplier partners.
- Liaise between Ski.com and travel agent community to resolve travel agent issues as needed.
- Work with marketing team to develop promotional offers for AMEX, Signature Travel Network, Travel Leaders Group and other marketing partnerships.
- Work with marketing team to develop a travel agent marketing plan.
- Assist in the development of content for travel agent email blast and newsletters as well as other marketing initiatives.
- Become familiar with Ski.com’s reservation system and back office processes in order to understand the business from the Ski.com Expert’s perspective.
- Additional responsibilities as requested.
- Minimum 2-4 years of sales experience in the mountain travel/hospitality industry.
- Professional and compelling presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and computer skills with proven ability to maintain attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong relationship skills.
- Ability to constructively problem solve with travel agents, suppliers and our Mountain Travel Experts.
- Strong ability to follow-up and meet deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated and self-assured.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Goal oriented with ability to achieve established sales goals.
- Ability to use critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent, professional customer service skills required.
- Existing travel agent relationships a plus.
- Familiarity with travel agency consortia such as Virtuoso, Signature Travel Network, American Express, and Travel Leaders a plus.
- Familiarity with domestic and international ski resorts a plus.
- Ability to travel approximately 12-15 weeks per year.
Qualified candidates should email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.