Ski.comRemedies the Top Eight Winter Ailments
Spring skiingpackages quell the winter blues
Aspen, Colo. – March 12, 2015 – In itsquest to the cure the winter blues, Ski.com asked“what’s your winter ailment?” and received thousands of comments fromskiing-starved North Americans.
Fromdry skin to taxes, deprived skiers are stricken with a host of seasonal afflictions.Chris in Pennsylvania is suffering from “lack of vitamin ski” and Ky in Alabamahas “mountain separation anxiety syndrome.” Sam in Georgia laments that notskiing enough is “wounding my inner child,” and Glenn in New York isdebilitated by “mental and physical constipation from being stuck indoors.”Jessica in California is mourning having paid “$700 for snow plow service whenit’s 75 degrees.”
Believeit or not, the highest concentration of winter blues complaints came fromsunny, warm-weather areas including Hawaii and California. Overall, West Coastersare craving cooler temperatures and snow, while snowed-in East Coasters aresuffering from cabin fever, and Midwesterners are aching for altitude. Skiers acrossNorth America reported that they are working too much, skiing too little and sufferingfrom powder deprivation.
“Formany people across the country, it’s been a long winter with cold temperaturesand a tremendous amount of snow that can’t be played in,” said Dan Sherman,Ski.com vice president of marketing. “For skiers and snowboarders, the best wayto cure the winter blues is to head to the high country to enjoy bluebirdpowder days and soak in the unique vibe only found during spring in themountains.”
Fortunately,Ski.com, the apothecary of ski vacations, is here to cure the winter blues by helpingdeprived skiers find respite in the mountains, where fresh air, sunshine andscenery abound. Here are eight spring remedies concocted by Ski.com toalleviate common winter ailments.
Top Eight Winter Ailments and Their Spring-Skiing Remedies
1. Ailment:**Warm weather**
Spring Skiing Remedy:Bask in the sun and snow at Beaver Creek, Colorado.
The Park Hyatt Beaver Creek features a ski-in/ski-outpatio, swimming pool and hot tubs.
Sample Package:Park Hyatt BeaverCreek Package code: 304154
Available 4/6/15 to 4/12/15
- From$413 per night, based on two travelers
- 3nights’ lodging in a hotel room (3rd night free)
- 2, 2-day lift tickets valid at Beaver Creek andVail
2. Ailment: Aching for altitude
Spring Skiing Remedy: Soak in the viewsfrom the Imperial Express, North America’s highest chairlift, at Breckenridge, Colorado.
Package code: 304251
Available 4/5/15 to 4/14/15
- From $494 per night, based on four travelers
- 5 nights’ lodging in a two-bedroom condominium (25% off)
- 4, 4-day lift tickets valid at Breckenridge and Keystone
Spring Skiing Remedy: Escape to Canyons, Utah, where you can maximize your time away fromwork by skiing the same day you land.
The resort is only 35 minutes from SaltLake City Airport.
Package code: 304740
Available 3/16/15 to 3/24/15
- From $373 per night, based on two travelers
- 4 nights’ lodging in a 1-bedroom condominium (25% off)
- 2, 3-day lift tickets valid at Canyons and Park City (3rd day lift tickets free)
4. Ailment: Aches, pains and sniffles
Spring Skiing Remedy: Indulge in a soothingtreatment at a world-class spa, like the award-winning RockResorts Spa at TheArrabelle, in Vail, Colorado.
Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort
Package code: 304069
Available 4/5/15 to 4/15/15
- From $518 per night, based on two travelers
- 4 nights’ lodging in a hotel room (50% off)
- 2, 3-day lift tickets valid at Vail and Beaver Creek
5. Ailment: Insatiable ski cravings
Spring Skiing Remedy: Explore all fourmountains at Aspen Snowmass, Colorado, where extended spring lift hours grants moretime for turns under the afternoon sun.
Package code: 303750
Available 4/6/15 to 4/8/15
- From $368 per night, based on two travelers
- 3 nights’ lodging in a 1-bedroom suite (3rd night free)
- 2, 2-day lift tickets valid at all 4 Aspen Snowmass mountains (50% off)
6. Ailment: Cabin fever
Spring Skiing Remedy:Go global at Whistler Blackcomb, British Columbia for the World Ski & Snowboard Festival,which brings art, film, music, parties and competitions to the resort April10-19.
Lost Lake Lodge
Package code: 304999
Available 2/26/15 to 4/18/15
- From $199 per night, based on two travelers
- 5 nights’ lodging in a studio (40% off)
- 2, 4-day lift tickets valid at Whistler Blackcomb
7. Ailment: Powder deprivation
Spring Skiing Remedy: Make turns in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, home to some of the biggest snowfall in NorthAmerica this season.
Snow King Resort
Package code: 305102
Available 2/23/15 to 4/1/15
- From $232 per night, based on two travelers
- 4 nights’ lodging in a hotel room (30% off)
- 2, 3-day lift tickets valid at Jackson Hole
8. Ailment: Winter blues
Spring Skiing Remedy: Go “surfing” in Steamboat Springs, Colorado at the Toes on the Nose Surf Jam (April 5), afriendly ski and snowboard competition on a surf-style obstacle course,followed by a complimentary luau lunch. The resort’s Springalicious festival(April 2-12) brings live music and quirky competitions to the slopes.
Timberline Lodge at Trappeurs Crossing
Package code: 303844
Available 3/20/15 to 4/8/15
- From $321 per night, based on two travelers
- 5 nights’ lodging in a 1-bedroom condominium (30% off)
- 2, 4-day lift tickets valid at Steamboat Resort
Byturning to Ski.com, skiers can alleviate their winter ailments by booking acustom spring vacation package that includes everything from discounted air,lodging and lift tickets to equipment rental, spa services, event tickets andmore.Tosee additional spring skiing deals, visit http://www.ski.com/spring-skiing-packages.With questions about spring travel or to book a vacation, call a Ski.comMountain Vacation Specialist at 800-525-2052.
Founded in1971 and headquartered in Aspen, Colorado, Ski.com is North America’s largestprovider of mountain travel. The company specializes in custom ski vacations to120+ of the most popular resorts in the United States, Canada, Europe and SouthAmerica, and offers the largest selection of mountain lodging and ski vacationcomponents. Averaging more than 20 years of experience, Ski.com’s MountainVacation Specialists lead the industry with unsurpassed expertise andfirst-hand experience.