Though Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, you don’t need to use that as an excuse to head to the mountains this winter for a romantic getaway. Combine your passion for the slopes with your passion for each other and break up the winter days (and nights) by traveling to a romantic mountain destination. Escape the normalcy of everyday life by skiing or riding your favorite mountain, taking in some majestic scenery, enjoying hot toddy by a roaring fire and soaking in a hot tub under a blanket of stars.
At Ski.com we always love to give our own personal recommendations for places to eat, stay, visit, explore and experience. Here are a few of our favorite picks in a few of our favorite categories.
Romantic Dinner Spots:
- Beano’s Cabin – Beaver Creek, CO
- Pine Creek Cookhouse – Aspen, CO
- Waldhaus Restaurant – Banff, Alberta
Romantic Hot Tubs:
- BlueSky Breckenridge – Breckenridge, CO
- Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel - Banff, Alberta
- Independence Square – Aspen, CO
- Snake River Lodge and Spa – Jackson Hole, WY
- Northstar Village – Northstar, Lake Tahoe, CA
- Park Hyatt Beaver Creek – Beaver Creek, CO
- Ritz-Carlton Lake Tahoe lobby – Northstar, Lake Tahoe, CA
There is something inherently romantic about being in the mountains. Whether you decide to book your mountain getaway for a special occasion, like Valentine’s Day, or you just want to spice things up in an otherwise dull winter, Ski.com is here to make sure you have the best experience possible – and at a great price. To start the process, take a look at our deals online and below or speak with a love doctor Mountain Vacation Specialist by calling 800-299-0656.
We’ll keep the hot tubs warm until you get here.
Latest posts by Leah Fielding (see all)
- What makes Crested Butte the last great Colorado ski town? - December 19, 2014
- 12/15/14: Where did it snow last weekend? - December 15, 2014
- 7 surprising things you didn’t know about Crested Butte - December 12, 2014