Maximize Your Epic Pass This Season With The Help Of Ski.com
With a bevy of benefits offered by every multi-resort pass on the block, it’s hard to keep track of where you should be saving all that hard-earned money.
So this week, we’re checking out the EPIC PASS and giving you, THE SKI.COM COMMUNITY, an insider’s look as to how you can truly maximize your pass-holder benefits at mountain resorts across the globe.
To begin, not all Epic Passes are created equally. The Epic Pass and its more affordable partner, The Epic Local Pass have different levels of benefits that apply to different mountain resorts at different times, so figuring out which applies to you and when is paramount to taking advantage of your pass.
Unlimited Access, Blackout Dates, And Partner Resorts
Vail Resorts continues to expand its pass offerings to include some of the best skiing in the world via its Epic and Epic Local passes. Obviously, the full Epic Pass has more expansive access when compared to the Epic Local. That said, the Epic Local also offers some amazing destinations, albeit with holiday restrictions. Here’s the general breakdown.
- Epic Pass – Unlimited access to 37 mountain resorts, unlimited 7-day access at 9 North American mountains resorts, limited access to 21 European mountain resorts, and 5 consecutive days at Hakuba Valley mountain resorts as well as Rusutsu in Japan.
- Epic Local Pass – Unlimited access to 26 mountain resorts, limited access at 8 mountain resorts including 10 days at Vail, 2 days at Snowbasin and Sun Valley (*blackout dates apply), and 5 consecutive days at Hakuba Valley mountain resorts as well as Rusustsu in Japan.
Ski.com Concierge Services
When you buy an EPIC PASS or EPIC LOCAL PASS through Ski.com, you’re automatically granted FREE ACCESS to Ski.com’s unparalleled SKI CONCIERGE SERVICES. THIS IS A GREAT DEAL. You can reach one of our highly experienced concierge personnel by calling (844) 897-1398. Our team offers the following services:
- Trip-planning + expert travel advice, including multi-resort itineraries Skiing’s largest inventory of lodging options, including discounted rates
- Complete ski-vacation packaging, including flights, lodging, ground transportation, activities and more
- Access to a dedicated Mountain Travel Expert if anything goes wrong en route
- Detailed confirmation and organized itinerary documents
Buddy & Ski With A Friend Tickets
At select resorts, Epic Pass holders can gift 6 ‘buddy tickets’ to friends and family. The discount equates to roughly 40% off the window ticket price and the Epic Pass holder must be present at the time of purchase.
A similar discounted pass, Ski With A Friend (SWAF) tickets are discounted single day lift tickets whose savings can vary on the resort and dates upon which they are purchased.
*Not all resorts include Buddy or SWAF lift tickets.
Beware The Blackout Dates
Not doing your homework when it comes to blackout dates is a sure fire way to put a damper on any ski trip. Always double check THE BLACKOUT DATES and make sure your pass is eligible before booking a ski trip.
Epic Pass – $979
- ZERO blackout dates
- Unlimited, unrestricted skiing at 37 mountain destinations
- 7 unrestricted days at 9 North American ski areas including Resorts of the Canadian Rockies, Sun Valley, Snowbasin, and Telluride
- 5 consecutive days at Japan’s Hakuba Valley, Rusutsu
- Access to 26 European resorts (learn more here)
Epic Local Pass – $729
- Unlimited, unrestricted skiing at 26 mountain destinations
- 10 Restricted Days at Vail, Beaver Creek, Whistler Blackcomb,
- Unlimited skiing with blackout dates at Park City, Heavenly, Northstar, Kirkwood, and Stowe
- 2 restricted days at Snowbasin and Sun Valley
- 5 consecutive days at Japan’s Hakuba Valley and Rusutsu
- Half price and advanced ticket prices available during blackout dates at participating resorts.
Epic Day Pass (Adults 13+) – $129 (1-day)
- Book ahead and save on window ticket prices at 34 destinations
- Epic Day Pass tickets include blackout dates.
- Book up to 7 days
*Prices will only go up.
Give us a call at 844-897-1398 to purchase your Epic Pass and start thinking about your travel plans for the 2020-2021 winter season!