If the biggest and the best are high on your winter getaway “must haves” then a ski trip to Whistler should top your list. With 8,171 skiable acres, a Whistler ski vacation offers nearly 1,000 more acres of skiing than the second-largest ski resort in North America: Park City Mountain Resort. Despite its enormity, it’s quite easy to navigate thanks to the resort’s PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola which connects Whistler and Blackcomb Mountain via the world’s largest, unsupported cable car.
Whistler Blackcomb offers the most uphill capacity and sees nearly 2 million visitors a year. Incredible Tyrolean-style base villages, which are divided into the main Village, Upper Village and Creekside provide guests with a range of dining, lodging, après-ski bars, shopping and nightlife options to fit every ski vacation preference.
In comparison to other famed North American ski destinations, Whistler is extremely easy to get to from anywhere in the world, thanks to its close vicinity to Vancouver International Airport.
Ski Whistler Blackcomb
Get ready to ski your buns off! Whistler Blackcomb ski resort expands over 100-plus trails on 8,171 acres. The longest trail lasts for seven miles and descends more than 5,000 vertical feet. While Whistler's sheer size may seem intimidating to some skiers, especially newer ones, there’s truly no need. Whistler Blackcomb is comprised of nearly 20 percent beginner terrain, even at the top of the mountain. If exceptional views and high alpine bowl skiing sound appealing, then there’s no better place to learn to ski or further develop the skills you already have. Intermediate skiers will think they’ve died and gone to heaven at Whistler Blackcomb, as they get to enjoy over 55 percent of this massive resort—including from the top of Whistler Mountain's summit.
Whistler is renowned as an aggressive mountain with tons of expert terrain options, so expert skiers looking to step it up a notch can conquer chutes, couloirs, steep bowls, huge cliffs and technical glades, and the former 2010 Olympic Downhill race courses.
Terrain park enthusiasts will be "stoked" on Whistler’s Nintendo Terrain Parks, with 200-plus features spread out over three designated park zones—two at Blackcomb, Nintendo Terrain Park and Big Easy Terrain Garden, and one at Whistler, Habitat Terrain Park. Every jibber from beginner to expert will have a blast on Whistler’s terrain parks.
Whistler Vacation Packages
If the No. 1 ski resort and the largest ski area in North America sounds like experience this ski season, start the booking process today. We're here to help you make the process easy as possible. You can book your entire Vail ski packages, including:
- Lodging. Choose from 107 lodging options. Popular Searches: Discounted Lodging | Luxury | Ski In Ski Out | Pet-Friendly | Hot Tub
- Lift Tickets. Ski.com can save you up to 40% on window prices. Call for lift tickets!
- Flights. We work domestically and internationally with United Airlines, Delta Air Lines, American Airlines, Frontier Airlines, SWISS, Air France, Alitalia, LAN and more.
- Ground Transportation. Options include rental cars with top providers, like Budget, Hertz and Avis, private cars, private shuttles or shared shuttles.
- Snowsports School. We've got beginners to experts covered with award-winning snowsports schools at every destination we work with.
- Equipment Rentals. Pre-arrange your rentals or demos with us. Options include in-store pick-up or delivery service right to where you're staying.
- Activities. Dog sledding, snow tubing, ice skating, Nordic skiing, snowmobiling...the list goes on. We can make it all happen for you.