Photo: Aspen Snowmass
Late in 2016, Expedia and Airlines Reporting Corporation released the 2017 Global Air Travel Trends, an analysis of billions of data points to spot trends that the modern traveler can use to book with intelligence in 2017. The study unveiled several important nuggets for air travelers. Here they are:
- Average Ticket Prices (ATPs) continue to drop around the world.
- Generally, the best deals on airplane tickets can be found if the tickets are purchased on weekends, Sunday in particular, more than 21 days in advance.
- In most parts of the world, trips with Saturday-night stays still are priced best.
- Increased competition is a good thing for travelers; more flights from more airlines mean more options for consumers.
- Bundling your travel products, for example, flight and hotel, by booking more than one at the same time can provide big savings.
Director of SEO + Content
Originally from the icy trails of New Jersey, I moved West to pursue powder and a career in writing and editing. Now living in Aspen, Colo. and working for Ski.com as Director of SEO + Content, I've been able to combine a litany of skills, passions and interests. You'll find me skiing at Aspen Mountain or Aspen Highlands in the winter and mountain biking at Snowmass in the summer.