It should come as little surprise, given how picturesque Telluride is, that the Victorian-mining-town-turned-ski-town has served as a set for everything from A-list movies and beloved Western flicks to classic ski films and car commercials throughout the last 50 years. The surrounding San Juan peaks have even inspired some of Colorado’s most famous beer-can imagery. See if you can recognize where these 7 cameos took place in Telluride.
1. The Hateful Eight, a Quentin Tarantino film set to be released December 2015
2. 2016 Kia Sorento Super Bowl 2015 TV spot, ‘The Perfect Getaway’ with Pierce Brosnan
3. Greg Stump’s 1988 Blizzard of AAHHH’s
4. The Coors Light beer can features Telluride’s famous Wilson Peak
5. The Prestige, 2006, with actors Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman, features the stunning Bridal Veil Falls and power plant
6. True Grit, 1969, featuring John Wayne
7. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, 1969, featuring Robert Redford and Paul Newman
Experience the star-studded slopes of Telluride this winter and plan your trip today! Start by building a customized quote here. If you have additional questions about Telluride, our knowledgeable Mountain Travel Experts are standing by for your call at 800-610-8911.
Director of SEO + Content
Originally from the icy trails of New Jersey, I moved West to pursue powder and a career in writing and editing. Now living in Aspen, Colo. and working for Ski.com as Director of SEO + Content, I've been able to combine a litany of skills, passions and interests. You'll find me skiing at Aspen Mountain or Aspen Highlands in the winter and mountain biking at Snowmass in the summer.