If you're looking for uncrowded slopes, mixed terrain ideal for groups or families with varying level of expertise, a massive amount of terrain—5,750 acres to be exact—and a relaxing, laid-back mountain setting then a Big Sky ski trip should be a top-of-mind choice. Being off the beaten path, as Big Sky is, certainly has its perks: lift lines are nonexistent. Locals and return visitors joke that if they have to wait in line for more than two minutes it’s a busy day. Big Sky also offers a handful of exceptional, rustic Montana dining experiences, sure to gratify guests looking for a unique meal.
Ski Big Sky
One thing’s for sure on a Big Sky ski trip, your legs are going to get tired, which makes the ski in ski out hot tubs that much sweeter. There's a lot of skiing to be had at Big Sky and even more than ever thanks to Big Sky's purchase of its sister resort Moonlight Basin. Usually, the more terrain, the more a lift ticket costs. We're happy to report that's not the case for Big Sky ski resort. To the tune of about $100, skiers and snowboarders can enjoy the gargantuan 5,750 acres of Big Sky Resort.
The resort is centered around the impressive and imminent 11,166-foot Lone Peak. Skiers and boarders can easily jump back and forth between each ski area via interconnected lifts and trails. Beginners have their own private area without the interference of intermediate or expert skiers in the area between Moonlight Basin’s Pony Express and Derringer lifts. While intermediate skiers have incredible access and can get the feel of Big Sky’s expert terrain via trails at the base saddle of Lone Peak. It takes only one look at Lone Peak to realize that this mountain is an expert or extreme skier’s sanctuary. With challenging terrain in nearly every direction from the peak’s summit, experts can enjoy one of North America’s longest vertical runs.
Big Sky Ski Vacation Package
For a ski vacation with few crowds, expansive terrain and unrivaled ski in ski out access Big Sky Resort is a top-of-mind choice. Vacationing at a new ski resort is always a little harrowing, but that's where Ski.com can make it easy.
Big Sky Packages
If you can picture yourself at the top of Lone Peak or cruising one of Big Sky's many wide-open, crowd-free groomers, make it all come true this winter and start planning your trip. We're here to help you make the process easy as possible. You can book your entire Big Sky packages, including:
- Lodging. Choose from 69 lodging options. Popular Searches: Discounted Lodging | Luxury | Ski In Ski Out | Pet-Friendly | Hot Tub
- Lift Tickets. Ski.com can save you up to 40% on window prices. Call for lift tickets!
- Flights.We work domestically and internationally with United Airlines, Delta Air Lines, American Airlines, Frontier Airlines, SWISS, Air France, Alitalia, LAN and more.
- Ground Transportation.Options include rental cars with top providers, like Budget, Hertz and Avis, private cars, private shuttles or shared shuttles.
- Snowsports School.We've got beginners to experts covered with award-winning snowsports schools at every destination we work with.
- Equipment Rentals.Pre-arrange your rentals or demos with us. Options include in-store pick-up or delivery service right to where you're staying.
- Activities.Dog sledding, snow tubing, ice skating, Nordic skiing, snowmobiling...the list goes on. We can make it all happen for you.