If you’re headed to a ski resort in the West over the holidays, you’re in for some great skiing. Storms have fortified snowpacks and continue to drop new snow at ski resorts in the Western U.S. Many Canadian ski resorts have surpassed 100 inches of snow this season, with standouts like Whistler Blackcomb and Revelstoke nearing the 200-inch mark.
This week, ski resorts are predicting huge snowfall on top of pretty incredible 24-hour totals reported today. Here are five resorts with Christmas-week forecast sure to bring lots of holiday cheer to skiers and snowboarders!
5 resorts predicting a very white Christmas
- Squaw Valley – Tahoe ski resorts received up to 37 inches of snow in the last 24 hours, and it’s still snowing today. Squaw Valley storm totals may top two feet, and there’s another storm in the Christmas Eve forecast!
- Deer Valley Resort – Utah ski resorts are next in line for the storm moving across the West, and Deer Valley Resort has already picked up 24 inches in the last 24 hours. If you’re anywhere near Park City, there’s potential for an additional two to three feet of snow to fall through Christmas Day.
- Jackson Hole – This ski resort’s 50th anniversary season has brought many gifts, including 15 inches of new snow to start the Christmas week. It’s still coming down, and there’s a chance of snow every day this week.
- Steamboat Springs – Most Colorado ski resorts will be counting snow in feet, not inches this week, and Steamboat is predicted to see some of the biggest totals in the state with 12 already reported yesterday, and 10 to 20 inches predicted for the next 48 hours.
- Crested Butte – This resort is getting ready for Santa to unload his sleigh with up to 28 inches of new snow in the next four days. That’s on top of 17 inches that has fallen in the last 48 hours.
If you’re visiting another ski resort over the holidays and are curious about the recent snowfall, check out our recently revamped Snow Reports.
Photos and videos of new Christmas-week snow
Meet Will. Our Avalanche Control Director who is 6’3″. He just called in 21″ since 5pm last night. Stay tuned to app tomorrow morning for lift/trail openings. #mysquawalpine #squawvalley #alpinemeadows A photo posted by Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows (@squawalpine) on
Today @bagelbrian had this #DeerValleyMoment and it’s still snowing! Tomorrow is going to be awesome.| #SkiTheDifference #DeerValley #ParkCity #utah #skiutah #ski #skiing #snow #snowing #powderday A photo posted by Deer Valley Resort (@deervalleyresort) on
Big, fat flakes falling in the base area. Let it snow! #SteamboatResort A video posted by Steamboat Resort (@steamboatresort) on
More freshies today. 11.5″ at mid-mountain and 16″ at the summit in the past 24 hours. The powder cam shows what has fallen at the summit since the mountain closed yesterday. #SteamboatResort A photo posted by Steamboat Resort (@steamboatresort) on
Plan your post-holiday ski vacation
If you’re not spending the holidays in the mountains, treat yourself to a ski vacation in the New Year. Ski.com has great deals on lodging, lift tickets and all the other essentials you need for a memorable ski trip. Browse hundreds of deals online, or save time by contacting a Mountain Travel Expert directly at 800-610-8911 or requesting a free, custom quote.