Welcome to Squaw Valley
Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows, located right next door to one another via a short 10 minute shuttle ride on the Squaw Alpine Express, offer 6,000 acres, 43 lifts and over 270 trails of amazing skiing and snowboarding on completely interchangeable lift tickets. With over 450 inches of average annual snowfall, 9 terrain parks including Tahoe’s only mile-long terrain park at Alpine, increased snowmaking capacities, and incredible views of Lake Tahoe and the High Sierra, the Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows are sure to satisfy even the most discerning skier and boarder tastes. Enjoy the vast and varied terrain that has put these mountains on the map as a premiere, world-class destination.
Your Squaw Valley Ski Vacation
Wide open bowl skiing, challenging steeps, impeccable grooming, nine terrain parks and four dedicated beginner areas are just a few of the features that make Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows a necessary experience on any snow sports enthusiasts’ list. Activities include indoor rock-climbing, snow tubing, mini-snowmobiles, night skiing, cross country skiing, dog sledding and mountain top ice-skating at the Olympic Ice Pavilion. There are several lunch and evening dining options on the mountain and in the Village at Squaw. High Camp, elevation 8200’ features a Poolside Cafe, Umbrella Bar and sunset dinners with breathtaking views of Lake Tahoe from Alexander’s Cafe. Stroll the European style pedestrian Village at the base of Squaw Valley for a variety of dining, shopping and activity options.
Let us show you how to create an unforgettable ski vacation today to this remarkable ski resort. Ski.com can provide you with accommodations, air travel, ground transportation, lift tickets, ski or snowboard rentals, activities to events around town and more. Experience a true ski vacation with ski.com at Squaw Valley. We know how to customize a ski vacation at Squaw Valley just for you that will truly be an unforgettable vacation experience. Ski Squaw Valley this winter!
YEAR TWO: 2012-13/$24 Million
- Enhancements to the first time and beginner skiers experience to include a new high-speed six-pack to access more beginner and intermediate terrain in the High Camp area
- Vastly improved Snowmaking at both Squaw and Alpine, including snowmaking from top to bottom on Mountain Run.
- New park pulley telecord for easy access to the Belmont Terrain park
- Triple chairlifts being installed to replace existing double chairlifts
- New ski and snowboard shops
- Renovated bars and restaurants
Start Planning Your Trip
More Questions?Mountains Vacation Specialists are standing by.
- NNW / 0 mph
- 10 miles
Squaw Valley Snow Conditions
- New Snow:
- Last 48 hrs:
- Last 72 hrs:
- Base Depth:
- Summit Depth:
- Last Update:
- 450" of annual snowfall
- 4001 total skiable acres
- Top elevation 9049 feet, base 6201 feet
- 25% beginner, 45% intermediate, 20% advanced, 10% expert
- Projected opening: 11/21/2012
- Projected closing: 5/29/2013