Between the Steamboat base village and downtown Steamboat Springs, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a dull moment. Steamboat Springs provides shoppers with a dime a dozen Western specialty and souvenir shops, while the base village provides gear and technical outerwear fanatics will a range of ski and sports shops. Steamboat Springs has a great dining scene and has several historical museums worth a visit.
Below you’ll find Ski.coms top Steamboat outdoor activities picks. To learn more about these options, call, or chat with, one of Ski.com’s knowledgeable Mountain Vacation Specialists today.
• Whiz down the mountain on a tube at Howelen Hill at Steamboat or at Saddleback Ranch’s Yew-Haw Tubing Hill.
• Explore the area’s many trails and take in the pristine winter wonderland atop a horse.
• See the Rockies from the dizzying and breathtaking heights of a hot air balloon.
• Kids will love the Coca-Cola Adventure Zone, which features a bungee trampoline.
• Glide on Steamboat’s 9 miles of cross-country trails.
• Experience the Rocky Mountains on a horse-drawn sleigh.
• Relax at the Old Town or Strawberry Park natural hot springs.
• Speed around the back country on a guided snowmobile tour.
To learn more about things to do in Steamboat call, or chat with, one of Ski.com’s knowledgeable Mountain Vacation Specialists.