Last Friday, a crew of Ski.comers headed up to enjoy the on-mountain goods at our neighbors to the north: Vail. The Annual Vail Ski Day was a huge success with a full day on the mountain, complete with lunch at Two Elks on the edge of their famous Back Bowls and an après-ski session at the Arrabelle at Vail Square.
As a former Vail resident, I always love getting back there and enjoying some of my favorite places and am often contacted by twice-removed family members, friends of friends, and other acquaintances, requesting recommendations on places to eat, drink and be merry in this Colorado playground. During my quick visit last week I was sure to hit up some of my usual haunts and thought I’d share a few of my top experiences should you visit this High Country paradise:
- Vilar Performing Arts Center in Beaver Creek – keep an eye on their calendar and you could catch an incredible comedy show or world-renowned musician.
- The Osprey Lounge – located in the Osprey at Beaver Creek, a RockResort, this tapas-inspired restaurant may look understated but serves up some of the best concoctions in the valley. Get the tempura asparagus, prosciutto and Gouda…and…well you basically can’t go wrong with any of it.
- French Deli – located in the heart of Lionshead, Les Delices de France (known to locals simply as the French Deli) is the perfect pit stop to grab a breakfast sandwich before jumping on the gondola.
- Garfinkel’s – also located in Lionshead, Garfinkel’s is, in my humble opinion, the go-to place to après in Vail. An expansive sundeck is the perfect place to enjoy a cold one on a sunny afternoon and if you head there on a Friday, you can have any drink of your choice during “$3 You-Call-Its”.
If you’re looking for more recommendations and insider tips on Vail, Beaver Creek or any other one of your favorite ski destinations, our Mountain Vacation Specialists can share their extensive and intimate knowledge with you. Additionally, you should be sure to follow us on Facebook to stay up to date on the latest happenings in Ski Country.
Latest posts by Leah Fielding (see all)
- How to ski powder - August 29, 2016
- Hokkaido’s snowsurf revolution - August 24, 2016
- Red Mountain makes history with crowd-funded, ownership campaign - August 23, 2016