Though most of the lifts in North America have stopped spinning, there are plenty of skiers and riders who aren’t quite ready to put away their skis and boards. Fortunately, the ski resorts in Chile and Argentina are currently gearing up for their winter season in the Andes. If you need to get your fix between now and November, here is a sample of the fun and exciting events happening in South America this “summer.”
Valle Nevado, Chile
- New for the 2013 season, Valle Nevado welcomes the first six-person gondola in Chile, which will conveniently transport passengers more than 1,000 vertical feet to the top of a 10,500-foot summit.
- Ski.com is offering several great promotions in Valle Nevado this summer, including 50% off every second guest from September 13 to 28. Enjoy a seven-night stay, lift tickets, and meals from $1,029 per person based on double occupancy.
- Wine Week XII – August 3 to 10 – Wine Week brings together renowned Chilean Vineyards and winemakers who share their knowledge and history with guests.
- Family Weeks – July 6 to 13 and July 20 to 27- Dedicated to creating a real family vacation, these weeks are filled with non-stop fun, including tubing, karaoke, theme parties, dance classes, wine tastings, fashion shows and more.
Portillo trips start at $890 per person and include seven nights of lodging, four meals per day, and lift tickets.
Las Leñas, Argentina
- Fashion Week – dates TBD (ask your Mountain Vacation Specialist) – Combining the glamour of fashion with the beauty of the majestic mountain setting, this event attracts models, designers and celebrities from around the world.
If you’d like to learn more about how you can ski in South America and experience an endless winter at these resorts or in Bariloche, Argentina and Termas de Chillán, Chile, visit the South America section of the Ski.com website.