January 1, 2013 Inside Track
In the last seven days, Aspen/Snowmass has received nearly two feet of snow just in time for the season to kick into high gear. Proud to call this world-class ski destination our home, we’re excited to share some new tidbits you can expect to see on your next Aspen/Snowmass visit.
- Snowmass debuts a new mid-mountain restaurant, Elk Camp, located adjacent to the top of the Elk Camp Gondola featuring Friday night Ullr nights.
- Snowmass’s Burnt Mountain opens 230 new acres this season.
- Element 47, The Little Nell’s newest gastronomical experience
- Chefs Club by FOOD & WINE at St. Regis Aspen Resort featuring the country’s Best New Chefs as named by FOOD & WINE Magazine
- Hotel Jerome unveiled a multi-million renovation.
Additionally, there are exciting events coming to town in 2013:
- ESPN X Games Aspen – Jan. 24 – 27, 2013: More than 200 of the world’s best athletes in skiing, snowboarding, and snowmobiling throw down over four action-packed days of competition for the most coveted medals in action sports. X Games Aspen is completely FREE so don’t miss your chance to witness legends and Olympians including Shaun White, Gretchen Bleiler, Lindsey Jacobellis and others live at Buttermilk. To top it off, Aspen/Snowmass will host a FREE Bud Light Hi-Fi concert at the base of Aspen Mountain on Saturday, Jan. 26.
- 13th ANNUAL BUD LIGHT SPRING JAM AT ASPEN/SNOWMASS – March 21 – 31, 2013: The 13th annual Bud Light Spring Jam, the premier spring festival in the Rocky Mountains, will bring two weekends of competitions, downtown concerts and parties to Aspen/Snowmass.
- Bud Light Hi-Fi CORE Party: March 29 – 30, 2013: As the most anticipated outdoor concert of the season, CORE Party will double up this year and feature two days of free concerts in downtown Aspen. Friday, March 29 will feature “Marchfourth Marching Band,” and March 30 will feature “Grouplove.”
To help get you to Aspen/Snowmass this winter we’re offering a great promotion called the Powder Play Package. Travel between the dates of March 1 – 18, buy one lift ticket package and receive the second one at 50% off. Additionally, you will enjoy a one-hour Quick Tips private lesson with an Aspen/Snowmass professional. Call one of our Aspen-based Mountain Vacation Specialists at 800-299-0656 to learn more! Also, be sure to check out some of our lodging and lift ticket deals below and online.
Happy New Year!
Latest posts by Leah Fielding (see all)
- 3 reasons your kids (and you) will love Buttermilk’s new Hideout - January 21, 2015
- Aspen Snowmass 2015 X Games Preview - January 14, 2015
- 5 reasons Aspen Snowmass is a great place to learn to ski - January 7, 2015