It’s that time of year. The time when we look back longingly on another great ski season. We know we can speak for many when we say we enjoyed our share of deep powder days, sun-blessed groomer cruisin’ afternoons and laughable end-of-season antics. With hundreds of unforgettable experiences this winter, it was hard to decide which were our favorites. We did our best to round up our picks for the top ski/snowboard moments caught on camera and shared on Instagram. Without further adieu, our favorite Instagram ski resort photos of the 2013/14 ski season.
Do you like our picks? Share your thoughts in the Facebook Comments section below.
1. Whistler Blackcomb blanketed in a mid-winter sunset. (Whistler, B.C.)
2. Carving up Deer Valley Resort‘s perfectly manicured groomers on a beautiful afternoon. (Park City, Utah)
3. Bluebird turns down Vail‘s famed Back Bowls after a snow storm. (Vail, Colorado)
4. Pro park skiers put on a daring, gravity-defying display at Breckenridge‘s Big Air Showdown. (Breckenridge, Colorado)
5. An artsy shot of Park City Mountain Resort gold medal-Olympian Sage Kostenberg showcasing his mad skills in the park. (Park City, Utah)
6. Victorian-era downtown Crested Butte bedecked in two feet of fresh snow. (Crested Butte, Colorado)
8. Big mountain-style skiing off of Big Sky Resort‘s famed Lone Peak. (Big Sky, Montana)
9. A Valentine’s weekend escape with your darling to Telluride Ski Resort. (Telluride, Colorado)
10. Beaver Creek‘s weekly glow stick-fueled Thursday Night Lights. (Avon, Colorado)
11. Canyon‘s Orange Bubble lift came in handy with all the snow Utah received in the 2013/14 season. (Park City, Utah)
12. Copper Mountain‘s premiere kaleidoscope Color Run. (Copper Mountain, Colorado)
13. Who can resist a Squaw Valley avalanche puppy in training? (Squaw Valley, California)
14. Vermont’s behemoth Mount Mansfield, located at Stowe Mountain Resort, saw its fair share of deep days in the 2013/14 season. (Stowe, Vermont)
15. There’s nothing like Snowbird‘s lake-affect snow, especially in the 2013/14 season. (Salt Lake City, Utah)
16. The Matterhorn dominates the views in Cervinia, the Italian side of the famed Alpine peak. (Cervinia, Italy)
17. Winter Park is a great setting for little ones learning to ski or snowboard. (Winter Park, Colorado)
18. Courmayeur, located on the Italian side of Mont Blanc (the tallest mountain in Europe) enjoyed a great season of snowfall, too. (Courmayeur, Italy)
19. Ski Patrollers like Lake Louise‘s Rocket are modern-day mountain heroes. (Banff, Alberta)
20. With picture-perfect groomers and sunny skies at Killington, there’s plenty of reason to Ski the East. (Killington, Vermont)
21. There’s nothing like a good closing day costumed-pond skim, right? Northstar thinks so. (Lake Tahoe, California)
22. Heavenly knows how to party, so you can imagine that New Year’s is well celebrated at the Lake Tahoe ski resort. (Lake Tahoe, California)
23. Who thought a fashion show at the top of Chamonix‘s Aiguille du Midi cable car was a thing? That’s pretty cool in our book. (Chamonix, France)
Don’t forget to share your thoughts about our top ski resort instagram photos of 2013/14 in the Facebook Comments section below. If we missed a ski resort photo worthy of a shout out be sure to share also.
Thanks for another memorable ski season!
Latest posts by Leah Fielding (see all)
- A first-timer’s guide to stand up paddle boarding in the mountains - July 2, 2015
- Top 7 Western mountain towns for 4th of July fireworks - June 24, 2015
- Experience the best summer activities at these 9 resorts - June 12, 2015